Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cheesy Ravioli Bake


Came out pretty good.  I need to adjust the ingredient ratios next time though, to make it more saucy, and less watery.


Before the oven.  The recipe called for diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, fresh cheese raviolis, and beef broth. Well, either the store didn't have fresh raviolis, or I couldn't find it (probably the latter).  So instead I went with some crappy Chef Boyardee raviolis.  But don't worry, I at least got beef ones instead of cheese raviolis -- because I'm a man.  And I at least strained the raviolis to get rid of all of the crappy sauce -- I didn't want to taint the delicious homemade sauce that my mom gave me (I need to learn how to make a good homemade sauce next).

I "spiced up" the recipe a little with my own touch, of course.  I added some chopped shallots, which, if you aren't familiar, are basically a relative of the onion -- they are more mild tasting, which is nice, but they still sting your eyes just as bad when cutting (trust me).  I also added some minced garlic and fresh ground pepper, of course.  Those ingredients can go with almost anything -- except cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment